Guest post guidelines
Thank you for your interest in writing for the ScholarshipApp blog!
The mission of our blog is to publish high-quality, helpful content about scholarships, scholarship management and marketing topics in general. Our blog is intended for businesses and professionals who want to learn more about how to leverage the power of scholarships for marketing.
Our articles are educational and provide value to our audience – we expect your guest post to be of the same quality. You should offer expert advice or educate people about your preferred topic and make it simple and easy to understand.
- Your article should have 1,000+ words, with educational, non-promotional content.
- No fluff, please. Make sure your article goes in-depth and provides actionable advice that the reader can use immediately after reading.
- Proofread your article to make sure it’s free of grammatical and ALL other errors.
- Properly reference all data, research your conclusions and take a critical look at the external content mentioned in the article.
- Include one or two images and link their source if you do not own the rights to them.
- Include your bio at the end of the article (up to 4 sentences).
- Include ScholarshipApp in the article body. You can mention our scholarship management tool and link to other ScholarshipApp blog posts.
- Make sure your article is unique and not posted elsewhere. We don’t accept work that has been already published on other sites – we will check for plagiarism.
We absolutely understand that you’d like to promote yourself and your company through your guest post. However, we are not a promotional blog, which means you should adhere to the following rules:
- Include a maximum of 2 links to your company’s content in the article (such as blog posts or other educational content). These shouldn’t direct to your landing page, sign-up page and similar promotional content.
- Include a maximum of 2 links in the author bio.
- You can link to other, external resources, as long as they’re high-quality pieces and not part of a link-building scheme.
- Take a look at our previous blog posts. We don’t post the same topic twice, so please check if your preferred topic has already been covered.
- If possible, do some keyword research so you can suggest an SEO-friendly headline.
- Check out the style of our communication and follow along. Our tone is friendly, casual, encouraging and informative, and your article should be too. Don’t be overly corporate, write an article you would like to read yourself.
- Pitch your guest post idea to marketing(at)scholarship(dot)app, with “Guest Post Pitch” in the subject line and a brief article outline as well as your references. Feel free to add more than one idea, so we can check them out together and find the best one for our blog. Also, if you have any questions, feel free to ask and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
A few notes for the end:
- The marketing team at ScholarshipApp reserves the right to edit your article content and update it in the future so it fits the current events, trends, and our blog/business style.
- Each article will be filled with calls to action for ScholarshipApp content.
- We aim to answer each guest post submission. However, if you don’t hear from us within two weeks from your pitch, there is a high chance that your topic wasn’t a good fit for our blog.
We’re looking forward to your submission!
The ScholarshipApp marketing team